How to take backup of an issue occurred in live server
Sometimes with APPSeCONNECT, it is hard to predict what has happened in the server itself and you require to take snapshot of an issue and send it back to APPSeCONNECT support team for further investigation. In such a case, this article will help you in understanding the problem statement and also help you in uploading the required dumps to as to ensure getting better support from the product teams.
- At a certain time, you are receiving “High CPU utilization” and the issue is continuous for a considerable amount of time (may be more than 5 – 10 minutes)
- At a certain time, you are receiving “High memory consumed” and the issue is continuously increasing for at least last 1 hrs.
- At a certain time, you see the program is getting crashed. Please exclude the issue with low storage in C drive as a valid symptom.
- At a certain point of time, you see all the processes stopped working even though the APPSeCONNECT service is properly getting executed.
There are various application or environment related issue which could happen due to which these problem occurs. It is recommended if this occurred for the first time to restart the auto service and for consecutive occurrences use the following steps.
- Open “Task Manager”. To open, right click on the Task bar of windows and select Task Manager.
- Once you are in “Task manager ” screen, go to the Details Tab and right click on the executable.
- Once you create the dumps, it will give you an URL. Just copy the URL to a safe location.
- Open My Computer and go to : Program Files (x86)\Appseconnect.
- Double click on APPSeCONNECT.Uploader tool.
- When you open, the tool will give you an ID. Copy the Id and put it in safe location.
- Browse files and pick the “Dump” file just created.
- Also select db files or all the files needed.
- Finally upload.
- When upload is complete, ask your support with the ID you copied.
The tool will help in sharing files and libraries required to investigate any situation.